Wayne M. O’Day
Sr. Mortgage Broker / Great Mortgage Company – Lombard IL
Currently a Mortgage Broker with Great Mortgage Co. representing approx. 30 different banks. Co-Author “Your Time is Now” (published July 2016) with Best Selling Author, Greg S. Reid. An Illinois Licensed Real Estate Broker since 1977. CFO Premiere Plus Realty LLC, past CFO of a large Mexican master planned resort development. Real Estate Investor for over 35 years. More than 30 years’ experience, United Airlines Finance Department roles included Controller Worldwide Sales and Reservations Division, Chief Strategist – City Ticket Offices and Business Manager O’Hare Wide Body Kitchen.
Industry experience includes: Successfully closed home loans for many first time buyers, divorced clients repeat home buyers seniors and foreign born nationals living and working in the US. Over 25 years Real Estate brokerage experience including residential, commercial and office space transactions. As United Airlines City Ticket Office Strategist, I was the primary interface for all commercial retail ticket offices and a rental property management expert with over 30 years of hands on experience.
MORTGAGE BROKERAGE 2011- (Current)
Sr. Mortgage Broker – Great Mortgage Co. Lombard IL
- Full Time Mortgage Broker – I customize both purchase and refinance loans for clients in Illinois with a focus on obtaining home ownership while at the same time minimizing the cost of ownership.
- Specialize in helping Veterans and the families of Vets obtain low cost home loans.
- Expert at helping Foreign Nationals, who are in the US legally achieve their American Dream. These borrowers sometimes have complicated immigration issues which many lenders do not understand. I am my clients advocate and have been highly successful in helping these family obtain loans
- Provide knowledgeable and responsive service to all my clients. My primary focus is to streamline the difficult and thorny process of obtaining a home loan. I maximize the use of technology to minimize the time, effort and frustration associated with the current lending process in the USA.
- I am a Champion for Financial Literacy. Every client works hard for their money. My objective is to educate and assist them to keep as much of their money as possible.
REAL ESTATE BROKERAGE 2006-(Current)
- Real Estate - Broker Associate
Founded a “Value Oriented” boutique real estate brokerage to assist today’s distressed homeowners. Deployed multiple programs to assist owners facing foreclosure, or who must sell. These programs currently produce 62% of all commissions earned.
- Established strategic relationship with HBN, www.HouseBuyerNetwork.com. Distressed sellers contact HBN. I meet with the prospects to determine the best course of action; 75% become clients.
- Successfully expanded Illinois marketing efforts to cross sell clients, second homes in Naples / Marco Island Florida. More than 15 transactions have been closed at a gross commission value of $115,000.
- Addressed the 2006 FIABCI Congress of the America’s, an international conference with attendees from around the globe, to promote 2 business opportunities: a Mexican ocean front hotel site for $30 million and a $120 million funding opportunity for a Mexico master planned community. There was interest for both projects. Both failed to launch due to global real estate downturn.
Joint Controller Worldwide Sales & Reservations 2001-2005
· Joint Controller for United’s Worldwide Sales and Reservation division. Directed the $115 million Annual Operating and $26 million Capital Budget processes, monthly variance reporting and forecasts for the Senior VP of Worldwide Sales & Reservations. Worked closely with the VP of Sales, VP of Reservations, and directors from around the world to plan and operate in compliance with corporate Finance goals.
· Responsible for the planning, forecasting, accruing and reporting of worldwide sales commissions of $330 million, United’s third largest expense. Planned commissions for over 120 countries worldwide and provided monthly forecasts and variance analysis to corporate finance.
· Developed United’s first internet based, real time budget planning system which allowed sales and reservation managers around the globe to plan, document and revise their $115 million annual operating budgets in real time. This system provided a quantum improvement over the legacy system by allowing management reports to be produced real time with speedier analysis and adjustment. This was critical as United prepared to exit bankruptcy. The system was so well received that all domestic airports adopted the system for the 2006, $1.5 billion operating budget.
· Teamed with McKinsey Consulting to reorganize and streamline the worldwide Sales and Reservations administrative workforce to save $5 million annually. Used advanced analysis techniques against United’s legacy financial systems to provide relevant financial reports, the basis for the reorganization.
City Ticket Office Strategic Planning Manager 1995-2001
· Developed corporate strategy for United’s 142 City Ticket Offices and provided direction to 21 Field Managers and a workforce of 320.
· Used United’s Mileage Plus database to analyze buying and servicing trends for United’s best customers. Developed new programs to improve customer loyalty and sales. Instituted a holiday gift certificate promotion which increased discretionary purchases by $215,000. Established a pilot retail merchandise trial for United branded toys, airplane models and logo wear which was well received.
· Project Leader - New York Joint Star Alliance Sales & Service Center. Lead a team of representatives from 6 different airlines to create an industry first, joint airline, downtown Manhattan, Star Alliance Sales & Service Center. Worked with decision makers from each airline, and their finance departments, to obtain approval and financial support. Project was in final approval stage when Air Canada withdrew from the project and caused loss of support due to higher financial commitment from remaining airlines.
North America Airports Manpower Planning Manager 1987-1995
· Directed the Annual $1.1 Billion Operating Budget and $600 million Capital Budget for all North America Airports. Reported to the Senior Vice President of North America Airports through the Controller of Airport Operations. Worked closely with the Regional VPs and HUB airport managers to plan and negotiate their annual budgets.
· Authored Corporate Appropriation Requests for ground equipment and facility projects. Presented request to Corporate Finance for approval and managing the expenditures.
· Developed computerized airport manpower planning systems to standardize the manpower planning process which resulted in $15 million in annual savings. Co-developed airplane parking software used to match flights to gates which reduced operational delay expenses by $2 million.
Chicago O’Hare Airport Wide Body Kitchen Controller 1986-1987
· Flight kitchen provided 12,000 meals a day for United and 6 other airlines. Worked with kitchen management team to meet financial and productivity goals associated with a $21 million annual budget.
· Supervised both union and non-union employees, responsible for loading meals onto aircraft and maintaining control of the storeroom.
· Operational Transition Team Member - worked with managers from all airport disciplines to plan and execute the overnight move of United’s operation to the new O’Hare Airport terminal One.
Licensed Mortgage Broker State of Illinois, 2011-Present
Licensed Real Estate Broker State of Illinois, 1977-Present
CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) designation in progress
Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois
1973 B. S. Degree in Accounting and Finance
Northern Illinois University – CPA Review Course 1975
AFFILIATIONS – PRESENT AND PAST
Mainstreet Association of Realtors – Downers Grove IL
Sr. Committee Member - Global Real Estate Committee.
Illinois Association of Realtors
Committee Member – Business Diversity Committee
National Association of Realtors
Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS)
AMPI – (Mexico’s version of National Association of Realtors) Member 2007-2008
FIABCI – Worldwide Real Estate Federation headquartered in Paris France, only NGO with a consultative relationship with the United Nations